12 Examples Of How To Download A YouTube Video
YouTube is the most popular video hosting resource and the third most popular website in the world. Here you can watch and share your favorite videos. But, one of the biggest questions on the tips of YouTuber tongues is ‘How do I download YouTube videos?’ Well, the answer to this question is explained below.
If you want to download videos so that you can watch them even when you are offline or just want to create a YouTube remix, it is better to have few tools at your disposal.
Following are the fastest ways to download videos from YouTube, providing with the best quality of the videos saved from YouTube.
Some Websites to Download YouTube Videos:
1. KeepVid: It is one of the best free online YouTube video Downloader. KeepVid not only allows you to download YouTube videos, but also lets you download streaming videos from Dailymotion, Facebook, Metacafe, Flickr, Vimeo, Veoh, Photobucket and from tons of other popular video sharing sites.
To download video, just follow these simple steps:
- Copy-paste the YouTube URL into the provided field on KeepVid.
- Now, choose the file format and quality that suits you best from the provided download links.
- Your Video is downloaded. Enjoy!
2. SaveVid: It is easy to use like KeepVid. This video downloader also supports Dailymotion, Facebook, Vimeo, Veoh, Photobucket and many other popular video sharing sites. Follow the given steps to download any video:
- Copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video you want to download into the URL field at the top of the page on SaveVid.com.
- Click on Download.
- When the Java pop-up shows up on your screen, click either Run or Allow.
- Then, you will be asked to choose from the available video formats.
- Now, click on the one you prefer and the video will be downloaded to your computer.
3. Keep-Tube: KeepTube is another great online YouTube Downloader that lets you download YouTube videos for free. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Simply paste the YouTube video URL address into the bar.
- Click on the Download button to download the video.
Keep-Tube will present the video files that can be downloaded in various formats like MP4, MP3, FLV, etc. But, this tool can only download HD videos from only a few websites like YouTube.
4. JDownloader: It is a free, open-source download management tool that makes downloading easy and fast. Using JDownloader, users can start, pause or stop downloads, set bandwith limitations and much more. Here are the steps to follow to download YouTube videos using JDownloader:
- Download & Install the freeJDownloader software.
- After installing, visit the YouTube video you want to download.
- With the JDownloader client open, highlight and copy the URL of the YouTube video.
- Click on the Linkgrabber tab on JDownloader to view the downloadable formats of this YouTube Video.
- Right click on the format you desire and click continue with selected link(s).
- If prompted, agree to YouTube’s terms of service and click Ok.
- Once the progress bar fills completely and there is a checkmark next to it, your video has finished downloading.
5. ZamZar: This tool works differently from other video downloading websites because it converts the video into a wide range of file types. To download videos, follow the steps given below:
- Choose the ‘Download Videos’ tab from the Zamzar homepage.
- Copy and paste your URL into the Step 1 field.
- Now, choose the file format from the Step 2 field.
- Then, enter your email address in the Step 3 field and click on Convert.
- Zamzar converts the file into the chosen format and then emails you a link from where you can download your video.
6. Videodownloadx: It is an excellent online YouTube video Downloader. Videodownloadx download YouTube videos, and also allows you to convert the download YouTube videos to other popular video formats. What you need to do to use it?
- Copy and paste the YouTube video link to its URL bar.
- It will start downloading the YouTube video.
7. Savemedia: As the name depicts, Savemedia saves or download the video files. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Copy and paste a URL into the form on its website.
- Click Download to save the videos to your computer’s hard drive.
- Choose the format you want and then start the download.
With these 3 simple steps, you can watch YouTube videos offline without any difficulty.
Some Add-Ons & Extensions For YouTube Downloads
Following are some Add-Ons and Extensions that you can use to download YouTube videos for specific browsers and operating systems.
1. YouTube Center: It is a user script designed to expand the functionality of YouTube. YouTube Center includes the ability to download the video you are watching, selecting your preferred video quality and much more.
Some Features of YouTube Center includes:
- Adding the old black background to the player.
- Download YouTube videos.
- Change the color of the rating bar.
- To resize the player to your liking.
- To Add country flags to the comments.
- Turn off the lights.
- Rating and video quality on thumbnails.
- Remove the play icon in the title.
- Removing advertisements from YouTube.
- Repeat the video you are watching.
- Remove the end-screen
- and much more….
To Download videos using YouTube center, you have to install the extension version. It is available in the following extensions: Firefox, Userscript, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Maxthon.
2. VDownloader: It is a free tool that can be used on any Windows PC. VDownloader lets users download video content from YouTube, MegaVideo, Facebook, Vimeo, and more in different formats.
3. VideoDownloader For YouTube Chrome Extension: Chrome users will love the VideoDownloader for YouTubeChrome extension. To download videos using this extension, following are the steps:
- First, install this extension.
- A ‘Download’ option will appear directly on YouTube video pages.
- Click on the ‘Download’ button to save the video to your hard drive. So simple!
4. 1-Click YouTube Video Download 1.5 for Firefox: It is a great Firefox add-on that does the same thing as the above mentioned Chrome extension. Using this add-on, when you navigate to a YouTube page, you will see a series of links down by the description that you can click to download the video in a variety of formats. This is the most preferred service by Firefox users to download videos from YouTube. It is a quick and easy way to download videos.
To Download YouTube Videos Directly from Safari
If you have got a Mac, then for you, there is a pretty easy way to download videos from Safari without any special websites or plug-ins. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the page with the video and press Command-Option-A that shows the Activity window.
- If you are loading other sites also, then you will see a list of them: scroll until you find the YouTube page and click on the arrow to show details about what is being loaded.
- You will notice an element whose size is over 0.5MB.
- Double-click on it and Safari will download.
- When the download is over, navigate to the file in the Finder and add the extension ‘.flv’ to its name.
So, these were the best methods to download any YouTube Video. YouTube Downloaders come and go as the time passes. But all of these options have been truly tested and are working well. So, you must try them. If one option doesn’t work for you, then try another.
Which YouTube Downloader tool you use to save videos? Share with us.