Below is a list I’ve compiled of the top free social media tools available.
Keep in mind that some a lot of these have paid options as well as free, so don’t think that all of these social media tools are completely free. I’m sure there are plenty more that I’ve missed, so feel free to comment below and I will be happy to add any tools I’ve missed.
- Hootsuite Free for three channels but if you want more, you will need to pay for Hootsuite Pro
- Buffer Allows posting multiple channels and seeing top tweet or post
- Google Analytics Allows tracking how many clicks your website gets from your social media posts
- ViralWoot Tool to promote pins, gain new followers
- SocialBro Helps to know when is the best time to post to your Twitter account
- Social Mention Similar to Google Alerts allows to monitor discussions around your website
- Addictomatic Tool to look into your brand’s reputation
- Facebook Insights To see reach, influence, and engagement
- Tweetdeck Allows to schedule out tweets, customize alerts and searches
- Easel.ly To create infographics
- CheckUsernames To make sure username in mind is free across all channels
- Bitly To track the analytics of a link
- IFTTT Allows to make “recipes” of various social media strategies
- TweetReach To track tweets and see an overall analytics report of how far tweets are reaching
- Conversation Score To check Facebook pages and get create analytics overviews
- Klout To see what your audience is interested in
- HowSociable To see which social sites give the most interaction
- IceRocket To monitor blogs in over 20 different languages
- Twazzup To track various keywords, showing the top tweets, which tweets are re-tweeted more
- Reachli To monitor Pinterest activity and engagement
- SumAll To measure and monitor social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, it also connects to other services like Google Analytics and PayPal
- Rapportive To view social profiles in Gmail inbox
- Swayy Suggests content, whether it’s a video, article, or infographic, that you should share with your audience
- Qzzr To create various quizzes for your social media platforms
- Followerwonk Shows detailed breakdowns of your followers and activity
- Iconosquare Instagram management tool
- Collecto Another spot for Instagram stats
- Quintly To access analytics for up Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest pages.
- Cyfe To create a custom dashboard filled with stats from dozens of marketing tools
- Tailwind For optimization and scheduling of pins,
- Beevolve To create and send social media messages with direct tracking on the dollars-and-cents ROI.
- Keyhole For hashtag campaign tracking, offers a wealth of statistics that can help you sort the popularity and success of a branded hashtag
- Riffle Browser extension adds an overlay to the Twitter profiles you visit, showing stats like retweets per tweet and favorites per tweet
- MyTopTweet Shows you the top 10 tweets for any Twitter user you wish.
- Twitter analytics Provides a 28-day overview of how your tweets have performed in all the major engagement areas—retweets, mentions, favorites, and clicks.
- Latergram It allows you to schedule tweets then sends you a push notification on your phone at the scheduled time to let you know to post it (instagram doesn’t allow automated posting).
- DrumUp.io (web app) and DrumUp Android app would make for a good addition to list. It auto-discovers relevant and popular content, and queues them up for sharing through Twitter and Facebook pages.
- HuddledApp allows collaborators (aimed at businesses/bloggers) post to one another’s Twitter and Facebook timelines at an agreed rate (e.g. 2 per week) .
- Precisely.me is an Instagram management/stats tool but is more geared around discovery of other accounts. Releasing new features all the time and would love input/suggestions.
- OctopuSocial it’s free and offer management for Instagram accounts
- Social-Express offers free beautiful social media reports (infographic style) that you can customize, annotate and brand.
- Reachpod.com offers 3 accounts for free, then you may Purchase the Pro to get your teams, and to add more accounts.
- GetSocial.io. GetSocial is an app store for all your social media needs that helps marketers and website owners to increase their traffic, conversions and understanding on how social media drives their businesses.
- QuickSprout – Free analytics to get great graphics of your FB Page
- AgoraPlus – Offers free Facebook Barometer
- LikeAlyzer is a free tool which scores your Facebook fan page and gives you recommendations about how you can improve.
- SimplyMeasured – Free reports on Engagement of Facebook pages
- Syndr Autopost to 50+ social networks and allow your content to be syndicated to 1000s of other peoples social media profiles.
- Onlywire Automate posting to 50+ social networks.
- Sendible Automate posting to 30+ social networks, auto-twitter follow, auto-tweet when someone mentions a keyword, auto-post to Facebook groups and more. Monitor Your social media activity and more.
- Mondovo – social competition tool. Can compare the social activity up to 5 profiles / pages
June 2018 update – Additional links and resources we have found:
Planable – One place to create and approve social media content
ManyChat – Use ManyChat to create your bot in 2 minutes without coding.
2019 update – Additional links and resources we have found:
ContactOut – a simple browser extension that helps you find email addresses and phone numbers of anyone on LinkedIn.