There has been a lot of talk about the importance of the natural link building. Natural backlinks positively affect site’s rankings. The reality is, the content that gets links in a natural way tends to rank higher in search engines.
Today, it’s incredibly important to create the content that attracts backlinks naturally.
The big question is – how to write the content in the way that allows a website to attract links naturally? Now, it’s time to get the answer.
As you probably remember, Backlinko released the Skyscraper Technique 1.0 in late 2016.
What is great about this type of content writing technique is that it allows business owners to create the content that attracts quality backlinks to web pages naturally.
If done right, the Skyscraper Technique 1.0 can do wonders for your content marketing strategy.
Today, I’ll give you insights into the Skyscraper Technique 1.0 and explain how you can improve your SEO efforts with this type of technique.
So, let’s get started.
What is the Skyscraper Technique 1.0 All About?
Actually, you need to take the following three steps in order to succeed in the Skyscraper Technique 1.0:
1) SEO analysis. First and foremost, you need to perform some kind of SEO analysis. The goal of this analysis is to figure out what type of content ranks well in search engines.
2) Create even better content. The next thing that you to do is to write even better content. It makes a lot of sense to dig deeper into the topic. After that, you should do every single thing possible to create better content. This can be done in a number of different ways.
For example, you can improve the structure of your content and provide readers with more detailed information on the issue.
And of course, you should aim to provide site’s visitors with better user experience.
Above all, you should focus on content optimization and try to make your article more SEO friendly.
3) Promote your content on social media. Social media signals such as shares, likes and comments positively affect web page’s rankings. That’s why you should try to attract the target audience to your content from social media.
It’s crucial to show your content to the right people on social media to make things happen. Initially, you should find people who have liked, shared or commented the content that ranks well. Then, you should reach these people and send them a link to your article.
Now, let’s take a closer look at each of these steps.
How Skyscraper Technique 1.0 Works
I’ve just described things that you need to do in order to succeed in content marketing with Skyscraper Technique 1.0.
If you are new to Skyscraper Technique 1.0 then you may face the following three questions:
How to search for linkable content?
How to create content that ranks well?
How to improve SEO rankings of your content?
Clearly, you need to get the answers to all of these important questions before to get started with Skyscraper Technique 1.0. Keep on reading to come up with the best content writing ideas for your website and create a piece of content that performs well in search engines.
How to Search for Linkable Content
It all begins with the preparation. First and foremost, you need to get ready for the content writing. Your job is to analyze web resources carefully and after that you need to pick linkable content. This type of work needs to be done before you get started with content creation.
Keep in mind that only valuable, well-structured and easy-to-read content gets backlinks in a natural way. And of course, such pieces of content need to be the starting point for your content marketing strategy.
In fact, there are several methods of searching for linkable content. Below, we’ll explain how to find content that has lots of links. This will help you figure out what method works best for you. But most importantly, you’ll be able to find great SEO friendly content in your niche.
Method 1. It’s a great idea to make use of Ahrefs SEO tools. This type of SEO tools are designed to help you find linkable content fast and easy.
Initially, you should find the site that has gained a huge popularity in your industry. Then, check this site in the Ahrefs site explorer.
As a result, the tool will provide you with the list of site’s web pages that have so many backlinks. Plus, the tool will show you how many backlinks each of site’s pages has attracted.
Lastly, you have to perform analysis of the tool’s results. By doing so, you’ll be able to pick the most linkable content.
Method 2. It’s pretty easy to find the content that gets backlinks naturally this way. All that you need to do for this is to take advantage of online backlink checking tools. Luckily, there is no shortage of online tools that can be used for analyzing site’s backlinks.
Method 3. And remember, linkable content usually achieve top search engine rankings. It’s no surprise that Google and other search engines tend to reward sites with lots of natural backlinks.
That’s the reason why you should take advantage of Google search. So, you should do the search for keywords of high competition and analyze the links of web pages that rank high.
How to Write SEO-Friendly Content
It’s fair to say that the today’s SEO is all about user experience. That’s why it’s so important to create content that’s good both for humans and search engines. Create content with users and search engines in mind!
If you analyze the pieces of content that perform well in terms of link building and SEO carefully, then you’ll be able to realize what type of content you need.
Next, you need to realize how to create even better content that is likely to perform even better. The quick and easy way to do this is to re-write your existing content and also try to improve it. The truth is that the content can be improved in a number of different ways.
With an improved piece of content your web page will most likely achieve higher rankings. It’s also important to note that you’ll find it easy to convert your site’s traffic into customers and sales with well-crafted content.
Below, you’ll find tips that you need to follow in order to create a better piece of content for your site’s web pages. Read on to learn more on what it takes to become a better content writer.
– For example, you can make a piece of content longer by adding more text to it. Let’s say that the article that ranks well for a target keyword contains 20 items. In this case, you should create a similar article but make your piece of content longer. Longer articles tend to rank better. Provide readers with more detailed information in each item. If your article contains 40 items it will have a better chance to rank high in search engines for the necessary keyword phrases.
– Do you find that an article contains out-of-date information? It goes without saying that old content negatively affects user experience. In this case, it would be better to make changes to the article and make the content up-to-date.
– You need to pay a close attention to the structure of the existing content. Every piece of content that you publish on your site has to contain the introduction, body as well as conclusion. Make sure that your article is well-structured and contains lots of headings, sub-headings as well as lists.
– It’s a great idea to add images and videos to the content. You should know that images as well as videos contribute greatly to site’s user experience. Traditionally, people give a preference to content with visual elements. That means that you’ll be able to make your content more SEO friendly if you choose to add images or videos to it.
– Create the content that’s easy-to-read. People should never find it hard to read texts on your site. You should divide content into small pieces. Complicated sentences as well as long paragraphs should be avoided.
– Keep in mind that design of your web page means a lot for SEO. It’s no surprise that nobody likes poorly designed web pages. If your web page is badly designed, then people are likely to leave your site within a few seconds. In this case, you will waste your time on content creation. As a result, your content writing efforts will not be crowned with success. Obviously, you should prevent these kinds of things from happening. So, you should invest in high quality web design services.
How to Improve SEO Rankings of Your Content
Now, it’s time to focus on the content promotion. It’s important to know that your piece of content can be promoted in many different ways.
And of course, you should use different strategies to promote your content. If done right, content promotion will make it possible for you to get lots of backlinks as well as social media signals (such as shares, links and likes).
No matter what methods of promotion you choose to use for your piece of content, you should always try to reach the right people. In other words, you need to contact the people who have an interest in your blog post.
Link building. When promoting a piece of content you should aim to attract as many high quality links to your content as possible.
First of all, you should contact the owners of sites that provided a link to similar content. Then contact them and propose to link to your article.
Most likely that they would be happy to provide a link to your blog post. By doing so, you’ll be able to get a lot of quality links from relevant sites.
Social media promotion. Social media signals such as shares, likes and comments will help you improve your blog post’s SEO.
It’s incredibly important to implement social media buttons into your blog post. Thus, readers will find it easy to share your piece of content on social media sites.
Initially, you need to figure out who have reacted to similar type of content on social media. Then, you should show them a link to your article.
Most likely that they would be happy to react to your blog post on social media as well. It’s worth noting that this type of a social media promotion strategy works pretty well for all types of content.
Email marketing. You should also use the power of email marketing to attract the target audience to your piece of content.
Do you have a list of your blog subscribers? If so, I’d recommend you send your subscribers an email with the link to your newly published blog.
It’s important to send the right type of email to your target audience. Try to keep your letter short. It would be better to personalize your email for each of your subscribers.
And of course, your email has to contain a call to action. You need to provide a link to your blog post in an email and encourage a recipient to read your article.
If subscribers find your blog post interesting and useful they will share, like or comment it with a big pleasure. And of course, social media signals will have a positive impact on your site’s SEO.
How to Use Skyscraper Technique 1.0 to Create a Great Piece of Content that Ranks Well
Don’t expect that things will go easily if you try to take advantage of Skyscraper Technique 1.0 in order to create great content for a blog post.
Writing content this way is no easy task. So, you must be prepared to spend a lot of time to create well-crafted content. Try to get creative with content writing!
Obviously, you need to work hard to achieve successful results with Skyscraper Technique 1.0. However, you will be able to accomplish your link building goals only if you do things in the right way. But most importantly, your blog post will rank high in search engines.
Finally, your site’s search traffic will increase significantly over time.
If you would like to learn more how to grow your business with professional marketing services, contact us today. Our specialists analyze your goals carefully and create an effective marketing strategy that works well!
Looking for more on link-building and SEO? We’ve got you covered:
Why SEO and Marketing Automation is so Important