Business owners choose to hire social media marketer for various reasons. Some people are very busy with their own customers and that’s the reason why they can’t make time for social media marketing tasks.
It’s also important to note that social media marketing is no easy job that requires certain skills, knowledge as well as experience. That means that you may find it hard to run a social media marketing campaign for your business successfully by yourself if this is something that you have never done before. One way or another, you’ll need to hire a professional social media marketer who can do great job for your business.
Who is a social media marketer? What does a social media marketing specialist exactly do for his/her clients? Why do I need to hire a social media marketer for my business? How to find a good social media marketer for my business?
Actually, these are the questions faced by so many people, who are interested in social media marketing services. Let’s try to get answers to all of these questions right now! As a result, you’ll get an understanding of how to find and hire a social media marketing professional for your business.
What Does It Take to Be a Good Social Media Marketer?
So, the big question is – who is a social media marketer and what he/she does? In fact, a social media marketer has a lot of responsibilities and tasks. Generally speaking, a social media marketing specialist is a person who is responsible for creating and managing social media marketing campaigns for businesses. Obviously, a social media marketer should do every single thing possible to help you get the most out of your social media marketing efforts. Now, let’s try to figure out what exactly a social media marketer does and how he/she can help you take your business to the next level.
– Creating social media accounts for business. It all begins with creating social media accounts for a business. First and foremost, a marketer has to create accounts on all popular social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, Youtube and many others. Actually, the list of popular social media sites could go on and on. It’s crucial for a social media marketer to use high quality images for social media accounts. Some social media marketers cooperate with professional graphic designers. There are also social media marketers who choose to create images for their customers by themselves.
– Creating content for social media accounts. Let’s assume that you’ve created accounts for your company on all popular social media sites. The next thing that you need to do is to update your social media accounts with fresh content. A social media marketer has to create interesting content that provides value to the target audience. It’s worth noting that great content usually attracts a lot of attention on social media. If people find your content interesting they are likely to share, like or comment your posts on social media sites. And of course, all of this will have a huge positive impact on the success of your social media marketing strategy.
– Updating social media accounts with fresh content. It’s important to know that publishing content on company’s social media accounts needs to be done on a regular basis. That means that updating social media accounts with fresh content has to be one of the social media marketer’s key responsibilities.
– Communicating with followers and replying to comments. Social media sites are best-known for being an effective online communication tool. So, you should definitely use social media sites for communicating with your target audience. As it was mentioned earlier, people may leave comments on your social media posts. And of course, you have to reply all of these comments as soon as possible. An experienced social media marketer will be able to do this important task for you pretty well. A social media marketing expert will engage with your target audience and answer all of questions asked by your prospects and existing customers on social media sites.
– Paid social media advertising. It makes a lot of sense for you to focus on paid social media advertising. The reality is this method of advertising gives you the perfect opportunity to attract the targeted social media traffic to your business. Keep in mind that Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, Instagram Ads and other types of paid social media advertising solutions will be a good addition to your social media marketing strategy. A social media marketing expert will create and manage a paid social media advertising campaign for your business in the most efficient way. As a result, you’ll be able to get the most out of your paid social media advertising campaign.
– Optimizing a website for social media. An experienced marketer will add social media buttons to your site’s web pages. Bear in mind that the buttons of this type are designed to make it easy for site’s visitors to share your content on popular social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google +, Youtube and many others). There is no doubt that adding social media buttons to site’s web pages will contribute greatly to the success of your company’s social media marketing campaign.
– Analyzing the efficiency of a social media campaign. It’s very important for you to know what things work well and what things don’t work well for your social media campaign. That’s the reason why you should do the detailed analysis of your social media advertising campaign regularly. An experienced social media marketer will do this type of work for you fast and easy. Finally, he/she will provide you with a report. So, you’ll get an opportunity to see how social media marketing contributes to your business success.
– Making changes to a social media campaign. We all know that sometimes things don’t go as planned. Actually, the same can be said about social media marketing. If you find that a social media marketing strategy doesn’t work well for your business anymore, then you’ll definitely need to change it as soon as possible. After analyzing the efficiency of your social media marketing efforts carefully, a highly experienced marketer may recommend you to make some changes to your marketing strategy. It’s worth noting that a social media marketer keeps track of the latest social media trends and, therefore, he/she is likely to implement the best marketing practices into your social media strategy.
We’ve just described briefly social marketer’s roles and responsibilities. It’s fair to say that a social media marketing expert has to be able to do lots of different types of social media marketing tasks. Generally speaking, a social media marketer has to be a content creator, graphic designer, video marketing manager, social media coordinator and social media analyst. Now, let’s talk about the benefits of hiring a professional social media marketer.
Top Benefits of Hiring a Professional Social Media Marketer
It’s important to point out that hiring a professional social media marketer has many great benefits. An expert will do all the necessary social media marketing tasks for you quickly and efficiently. However, the most important thing is that a professional social media marketer will help you grow your business. Below, we’ll explain to you why you need to hire a professional social media marketer for your business.
– A social media marketer will increase your website traffic. It’s no surprise that popular social media platforms bring together a lot of people from different parts of the world. All of this means that social media sites can generate high amounts of targeted traffic to your website. A professional marketer will help you promote your company on social media successfully and attract the target audience to your business. The next thing that you need to do is to turn your website’s visitors into customers and sales.
– A social media marketer will grow your sales. You need to know that a lot of people, who have an interest in your products or services, prefer to use popular social media sites on a regular basis. And of course, you can take advantage of this fact to increase your sales dramatically. A professional marketer will develop a cost-effective social media marketing strategy for your business. If your business builds a good reputation on social media, then you’ll certainly find it easy to convert your site’s traffic into sales.
– A social media marketer will boost your brand awareness. If done right, social media marketing will have a huge positive impact on your brand development strategy. An experienced marketer will promote your business on popular social media sites effectively. So, a lot of people are likely to remember your brand over time. As a result, your business will have a very popular brand that will do great job for your business.
– A social media marketer will save you a lot of time. It’s important to know that social marketing is a very time-consuming process. That means that you’ll definitely need to spend too much time on social media marketing every day if you decide to do all the necessary tasks by yourself. So, it would be better for you to trust all of social media marketing tasks to a real professional, who is good at what he/she does. This will help you save a lot of time.
We’ve just outlined the most significant benefits of hiring a skilled social media marketer for business. As a small business owner, you can benefit from cooperating with a social media marketing expert in a number of different ways. So, the next question is – how to hire a great social media marketer? Below, you’ll be able to find tips for hiring a social media marketer, who can do great job for your business.
Tips for Hiring a Social Media Marketer
We’ve just outlined the most significant benefits of hiring an experienced social media marketing professional. The next question is – how to hire an experienced social media marketer? Now, it’s time to get the answer!
– 1) Make use of popular job posting sites. First of all, you need to create a job description. It’s crucial for you to describe job requirements, your company’s social media goals as well as all of social media manager roles and responsibilities in detail. And remember, you should always set realistic expectations for a social media marketer.
– 2) Shortlist candidates for an interview. Once you’ve posted a job, applicants will begin to send their resumes to you. Now, you need to pick the right candidates for an interview. Obviously, you need to pay a close attention to a social media marketer’s experience. It would be better for you to select candidates, who have at least 3 + years of experience in social media marketing. Plus, you should give a preference to the candidates, who did social media marketing for different types of businesses.
– 3) Conduct interviews to select the best social media marketer. Bear in mind that an interview gives you the perfect opportunity to get the information about the candidate of your choice. During the face-to-face interview you’ll be able to ask a social media marketer various questions. It makes a lot of sense for you to ask a social media marketer what practices and tactics he/she prefers to use to promote businesses on social media platforms. Plus, it would be nice for you to figure out which social media channels a social media marketer is most focused on. Ask a social media marketer how much time it will take him/her to achieve your social media goals. It’s very important for you to get the answers to all of these important questions during the face-to-face interview with a social media marketer.
As you can see, a business owner has to take three steps to hire a good social media marketer. And remember, you must be very selective when it comes to hiring a social media marketing expert for your business!
Finepoint Design is a digital marketing agency that’s well-known for its highly professional social media marketers. Our experts are always looking forward to helping you with any of your social media marketing needs!