You’ve probably heard that Facebook has recently made an announcement about rolling out the new feature that supports 3D content.
As a result, publishing 3D posts on Facebook News Feed has become possible. In other words, you have a possibility to drag and drop 3D objects into posts and then share them on Facebook with your target audience.
And of course, this will help you boost your Facebook marketing strategy.
Today, we would like to give you more details on how to create 3D posts on Facebook. First of all, we’ll tell you what 3D Facebook posts feature is all about.
After that, we’ll outline the most important benefits of 3D Facebook posts. Finally, we’ll tell you how to create and publish 3D Facebook posts in detail.
What is 3D Facebook Posts Feature?
Facebook has recently released a new feature that’s known as 3D Posts. This type of feature has been designed to make it easy for you to create and publish 3D posts on Facebook.
The reality is only .glb files are supported by Facebook these days. That means that if you would like to post a 3D model on Facebook, then you should convert 3D files into .glb files.
All of this means that posting 3D models on Facebook is all about creating 3D models, converting 3D files into .glb files and then sharing them on Facebook page’s news feed.
It’s crucial for you to know that the help of VECTARY tool is immeasurable in the process of converting 3D files into .glb files.
VECTARY is the type of tool that makes the process of sharing 3D posts on Facebook simple. The main goal of the VECTARY – 3D Design Tool is to help you convert 3D files of different formats into .glb files quickly and efficiently.
Without a doubt, things will go easily if you make use of this powerful 3D design tool. The tool itself is easy to use, so it will not take you too long to figure out how it works.
Benefits of 3D Facebook Posts
Luckily, it doesn’t take you too long to share 3D posts on Facebook. It’s worth noting that 3D Facebook posts deliver multiple significant benefits to brands and 3D designers.
Below, we’ll explain to you briefly how you can benefit from 3D Facebook posts.
– The feature makes it possible for you to create the so called low poly 3D shapes fast and easy. What is incredible about this type of 3D shapes is that they look great. However, the most important thing is that low poly 3D shapes are small in size. So, you’ll definitely find it easy to share 3D shapes on Facebook news feed.
– Another big advantage is that the feature allows you to create 3D texts easily and quickly. All that you need to do is to take advantage of the so called Google Fonts. You should know that the 3D editor comes with a library that consists of more than 800 Google Fonts. Plus, you can make use of Google Fonts plugin.
– It’s pretty easy to convert 3D logos into Facebook posts. First and foremost, you need to upload the .svg file of your logo to Vectary. Then, you have to convert the logo’s .svg file into the logo’s .glb file. It’s important to note that the file of this format is supported by Facebook.
– Actually, you can easily convert different types of 3D models (.obj files as well as .stl files) into Facebook posts. First of all, you need to import 3D file to the Vectary platform. Afterwards, you should take advantage of the Vectary’s export feature. As a result, you’ll get a .glb file that’s supported by Facebook.
How to Create 3D Posts on Facebook
- It all begins with creating a 3D image for a Facebook post. As it was mentioned above, you should use Vectary to create 3D files for Facebook platform. Go to Vectary.com and create a 3D model that needs to be shared on Facebook.
- Once you come to Vectary.com website, you’ll need to click on the “Start designing for free” button. In fact, you can login to Vectary.com platform in two ways. You can create a new account to login to get the access to 3D design tool. On the other hand, you can use either Google or Facebook profile to login to Vectary.com site.
- As soon as you login to the Vectary.com platform you’ll be able to get started with 3D model design. Go to the site’s drop-down menu and pick the “Import” option. Finally, you’ll get an opportunity to import your .svg file to the Vectary.com site. If you would like to create a 3D model from scratch, then you should definitely choose “Create a 3D object” option. It’s also important to note that Vectary has a lot of tutorials which have been created to help you master the art of 3D modeling within a short period of time.
How to Publish 3D Posts on Facebook
Let’s assume that you’ve created a 3D model. After your 3D model is ready, your job is to add a 3D model file to a Facebook post. Actually, you need to take two steps to make it happen. Keep in mind that you’ll be able to integrate a 3D model with a Facebook post only if a 3D model file is less than 3MB.
1) First of all, you need to choose to export the 3D file as a .glb file at Vectary.com platform.
2) Next, you should drag the file to the new Facebook post.
3) Lastly, you have to publish a new Facebook post with 3D content. That’s it. As a result, a 3D post will appear on your Facebook News feed.
If you would like to learn more how to use Facebook to grow your business, contact us right away. Our professionals are always looking forward to helping you with any of your Facebook marketing needs!