A step-by-step process on converting gif animations to video for Instagram
I get asked a lot on how I get animations of things like website demonstrations and mobile app demos converted to video for Instagram, so I put together this tutorial on how to do just that.
- Since everything we need to do will be done on a mobile device, lets make sure we have the correct apps. Obviously you will need Instagram and an Instagram account. The only other app necessary is Giphy.
- Next, find the site or location where your gif is. In my example, I use Dribble, but gifs can be pulled from Google, other websites, or even a Dropbox account.
- Click and hold on the Gif until you get the option to copy the image location.
- Once you have that copied, open up Giphy and click the green plus sign at the bottom.
- Here you can paste your Gifs URL and press the arrow.
- In the next screen, you will just need to press the “Upload to Giphy” button to start the process.
- Once it’s done processing, you will see your animation in your Giphy account. Click on that animation
- Now you will see the options for sharing. Press the 3 dots and you will get additional options, one of which is Instagram.
- Click on that and you will start transferring the video to Instagram as you would any other image or video.
If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below.