It’s hard to imagine the communication with employees by email today.
Obviously, it would be difficult for you to read long email threads all the time.
Obviously, you should make the communication between co-workers as simple as possible.
That’s why you should find a good messaging app that you and your group will be able to use for communication.
You need to know that a lot of business owners choose to use either GroupMe or Slack for communicating with their co-workers.
Each of these messaging apps is designed to make it easy for you to solve your communication problems.
The big question is – what a messaging app is better GroupMe or Slack?
Now, it’s time for you to get the answer to this interesting question!
In this article, I’ll compare GroupMe to Slack. I’ll tell you about the features and the most important benefits of GroupMe and Slack messaging applications.
After analyzing both GroupMe and Slack carefully, you’ll find it easy to make a smart choice!
What is GroupMe?
GroupMe is a free app that enables you to message different individuals on the double.
I recognize what you’re considering: Yes, you can as of now instant message different individuals on the double – you should simply add numerous numbers to the ‘To:’ field in your messaging app.
GroupMe is unique, however. Rather than simply giving you a chance to send messages to different individuals, it additionally enables you to have a gathering discussion.
Clarification. When you message numerous individuals immediately, all you’re truly doing is sending a similar message to a group of various beneficiaries.
Be that as it may, if any of those individuals content you back, at that point their reaction goes just to your- – instant messages don’t have an ‘Answer All’ catch.
GroupMe resembles a default Reply All catch.
GroupMe sets up a committed number for each messaging discussion, so when you message numerous individuals without a moment’s delay, they get an instant message from that number.
At that point, when they answer to the instant message, their answer goes to everybody in your GroupMe discussion.
So it resembles a gathering talking app, with the exception of through instant message.
Your companions must have GroupMe installed on their phone or computer for it to work. Just the friendly exchange needs GroupMe introduced.
Nonetheless, in the event that you need to message somebody straightforwardly through GroupMe, the beneficiary of the message should have the app introduced on their telephone.
GroupMe isn’t just about messaging, however; it additionally has gathering calling, a mapping administration, a still-in-beta ‘Make an Inquiry’ highlight.
GroupMe’s principle screen resembles a messaging app- – it has the majority of your gathered discussions, a hunting catch, an unmistakable ‘Begin a Group’ catch, and catches for Home, Contacts, Featured, and News.
The Featured catch takes you to a rundown of GroupMe “accomplices and gives you a chance to begin bunches concentrated on said accomplices. The News tab is only an arbitrary newsfeed of sorts.
Beginning a gathering is as simple as squeezing the green, in addition, to catch at the base of the home screen and including two or three commendable contacts.
Message them once, and your contacts get several writings, including a note announcing that they have been added to a gathering and in addition a rundown who else is in the gathering with them.
Any individual from the gathering can begin a telephone call by calling the telephone number your gathering has been allocated for the length of your gathering discussion.
The first friendly exchange can likewise disband the gathering – however, once a gathering is disbanded, its private gathering number stops to exist.
GroupMe is a creative method to get numerous individuals engaged with one discussion.
It tends to bother have your telephone continually go off at whatever point somebody answers to the gathering, however, the instrument and administration are incredible in case you’re endeavouring to get a gathering of individuals together to meet, or on the off chance that you have a pack of companions who truly love to converse with each other.
What Can You Do with GroupMe?
- GroupMe makes it possible for you to set up a group conversation with your co-workers.GroupMe also gives you an opportunity to communicate with group’s members via private messages. It makes a lot of sense for you to use private messages if you don’t want to show the conversation with a user to anyone in the group.
- The application allows users to share photos as well as videos with every member in a group (or work team).
- On the other hand, the messenger allows you to view photos as well as videos shared by other people in your group.
- With GroupMe messaging app you’ll be able to show your current location to all of your group’s members.
- You can also like group messages in GroupMe messaging app. It would be enough for you to like a message if you don’t have time to write a reply. Finally, all members of your group will see that you’ve liked it.
- When using GroupMe you’ll be able to turn on and turn off the notifications.
Key Benefits of Using GroupMe
- GroupMe is a mobile friendly app. The application works well on different types of mobile devices – iPhones, iPads, tablets and so on.
- You’ll be able to keep all of your group’s members up-to-date with everything that’s happening on GroupMe. So, everyone in your group will get the access to the latest information. All that you need to do is to add the user’s phone number to GroupMe. Finally, a user will begin to receive notification messages on his/her phone.
- GroupMe is a free messaging app. Thus, you’ll get an opportunity to communicate with your relatives, friends and co-workers at no cost if you install this application.
What is Slack?
Slack is a cloud-based undertaking cooperation and group association device intended to encourage correspondence crosswise over associations.
The arrangement takes into account different ventures, including media, inquire about, innovation, instruction, monetary administrations, retail, transport and coordination.
Slack gives open channels to individuals crosswise over associations to begin discussions.
Private channels empower collaboration inside littler groups, and direct channels help send messages straightforwardly to partners.
Slack consolidates nourishes from internet-based life into the application and mixes them with progressing discussions in different channels.
Records, for example, PDFs, pictures, archives and spreadsheets can be shared through simplified.
Slack documents messages, notices, records and tasks, which can all be hunt down later.
Slack enables clients to tweak their warnings and diminish their degree.
All progressions are reflected in the local applications accessible for iOS and Android.
To wrap things up, the Slack work area customer enables you to login to various groups in the meantime, regardless of whether you joined utilizing distinctive email accounts: a selected board put on the left half of the app’s primary window enables you to switch between groups with a basic mouse click.
Slack empowers you to speak with your colleagues by means of direct messages, by means of a boundless number of channels or through private gatherings, contingent upon the task you are chipping away at.
The administration likewise streamlines the document sharing procedure: essentially simplified the records to the Slack principle window and the app will transfer them to Slack’s servers and make them accessible to every single invested individual.
Also, Slack can coordinate with countless gathering devices and will distribute warnings each time another occasion happens, or an assignment completes, contingent upon the profile of the outer administration.
Since all the colleagues that joined a particular channel will have the capacity to get to the information, the whole workplace will turn into significantly more straightforward.
Despite the fact that Slack takes predictable measures to guarantee both the security and the classification of your information, actually, your encoded discussions, warnings, and shared documents will be put away on the Slack servers.
Considering the way that Slack basically addresses organizations, offering an estimating plan that permits the utilization of your own stockpiling servers may end up being a smart thought for everybody included.
Slack proposes basic answers for concentrating your group’s correspondence with the end goal to help everybody better track a venture’s improvement and to guarantee a more effective data circulation between colleagues.
The administration makes a straightforward workplace where all individuals from a group have moment access to all the pertinent data.
Additionally, Slack plays well with an expansive number of outside administrations that you may use in your everyday action: along these lines, all warnings are in a similar place, and everybody comprehends what should be finished.
Slack provides its users with many great features.
What Can You Do with Slack?
- You can use the messaging app to organize conversations with group’s members.
- Slack also provides users with such a feature as the searchable history. If you analyze the searchable history carefully, you’ll be able to get the access to all of messages and files that you’ve ever shared with other members of your group.
- With Slack you’ll find it easy to create a room for communication and invite people to it.
- It’s important to know that Slack comes with the so called “face-to-face and screen” option. That means that you’ll be able to organize voice and video chats. Plus, the messaging app makes it possible for you to share your screen with other users during the conversation.
- Another important thing that you need to be aware of is that the messaging app has such a great feature as “integrated file sharing”. With this type of feature you’ll be able to share different types of files (images, videos and PDFs) with other users on Slack fast and easy.
- Slack can be easily integrated with many useful tools and systems (such as JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk and other types of software). Actually, the messenger can be integrated with more than 80 different applications. As a result, you will be able to take advantage of integrations and adjust the messenger for all of your needs.
- You should also know that the Slack App Directory contains more than 1000 apps. Each of these apps can contribute greatly to the functionality of your messenger.
Key Benefits of Using Slack
- The information on Slack is updated in the real time. This means that you can communicate with your group’s members anywhere and anytime with the messaging app.
- It’s pretty easy to customize notifications with Slack. So, it will not take you too much time to find and turn on all the necessary notifications on messenger.
- It’s worth noting that Slack pays a close attention to the security issue. So, you can rest assured knowing that all the data transfer is properly encrypted.
Because of the Slack mobile partners, you can manage everything and keep speaking with everybody regardless of whether you are in a hurry.
Thank you so much for reading this GroupMe vs Slack review.
The next thing that you need to do is to make your own conclusion and select the messaging app that meets your group’s communication needs in the best way. Good luck!