Facebook geo targeting will open up all new possibilities with your advertising.
It’s important to target the right type of customers while advertising. If you attract the ideal target audience to your business, then you’ll be able to increase your conversion rate as well as sales and revenues. Otherwise, running your Facebook Ads campaign may result in waste of time and money.
What is great about Facebook promotion is that it offers a lot of flexibility to online advertisers. Advertisers can use many great options when promoting businesses on Facebook.
The reality is, Facebook allows advertisers to define their target audience in the best possible way. In my opinion, you’ll be able to get the most out of your Facebook promotion efforts if you take advantage of geo-targeting.
It’s worth noting that the help of geo targeting options in Facebook advertising is immeasurable. With this type of an online marketing tool you’ll find it easy to adjust your Facebook advertising campaign for your business promotion needs.
But most importantly, you’ll be able to attract the ideal targeted audience to your business with geo targeting options.
The big question is – how to use geo targeting to attract the ideal target audience to your business on Facebook. Now, I will try to help you find the answer to this interesting and important question.
In this blog post, I would like to walk you through geo targeting posts on Facebook. Hopefully, by following my recommendations, you’ll be able to reach your perfect customers on Facebook and, most importantly, convert them into sales.
As a result, you’ll be able to promote your business in an effective way and get the highest ROI.
Identifying the Target Audience for Facebook Advertising Campaign
As you have probably heard multiple times, an advertising campaign always has to begin with preparation. First of all, I would recommend you to identify the target audience for your business. In other words, you should create the ideal customer persona.
It makes a lot of sense to analyze your target audience very carefully at first. Take a closer look at the people who have an interest in your products and services. Once you know this, you’ll get a better understanding of who they are.
I personally believe that this type of work is incredibly important. Keep in mind that the success of your Facebook promotion campaign depends a lot on the analysis of this type.
So, take your time to do research and find the ideal target audience for your business. Identifying the perfect buyer has to be the number one priority for your Facebook advertising campaign and when doing any kind of geo targeting advertising.
Ask yourself the question – who is your ideal customer? And of course, you need to get the answer to it. Identifying the ideal customers for business will help you get the most effective results in Facebook promotion and in many other types of online advertising.
Location, age, gender, languages, interests
When determining the target audience I usually choose to pay a close attention to the following factors: location, age, gender, languages as well as interests. Here I’ll provide you with deep insights into each of these factors.
– Location. It’s crucial to figure out where your perfect customers live. Let’s say that you run a local business. In this case, it obviously doesn’t make any sense to target customers internationally. You need to target only those people, who live nearby. So, your advertising campaign has to work effectively within the certain radius only.
– Age. Another important thing that you need to take into account is the age of your customers. You need to realize how old your perfect customer is. If, for example, you are going to promote a dancing club or a boxing club then, of course, you’ll have to target young people only. Advertising these types of businesses among older people is likely to result in waste of your time and money. And of course, you should do everything possible to prevent these kinds of things from happening.
– Gender. In reality, the vast majority of products (or services) can be promoted both among men and women. However, there are also products (or services) that need to be promoted either among men or among women. Let’s say that you are running an online store that sells lingerie. In this case, you should target only women. Now, let’s assume that you are promoting an online store that sells fishing gear. If so, you should definitely target only men. All of this means that you need to create your online advertising strategy with your perfect client in mind.
– Languages. There are the regions where people speak several different languages. If this is the case, you should specify several languages for your Facebook advertising campaign. Clearly, you should take into consideration this fact when promoting your target audience on Facebook and on the other advertising channels.
– Interests. Above all, you have to carefully analyze the interests of people, who use your products or services. I would advise you to realize where your customers work and what they like to do. Plus, you need to know when your target audience is the most active online. All of this will help you define your target audience and promote your business successfully.
Who, what, why, where and when
Generally speaking, you have to figure out who, what, why, where and when in order to identify the target audience for your business. Let me give you more details on each of these important aspects.
– Who are your perfect customers? Here, you need to realize if your customers men or women. Or, maybe, both men and women can be interested in your products or services. Plus, you need to figure out how old they are.
– What do your perfect customers like to do? Here, you need to get insights into your ideal client’s work interests and hobbies.
– Why do your perfect customers need your products or services? Here, you need to figure out how you can help your customers solve their problems with your products or services. Remember, you need to provide an effective solution to your client’s issues.
– Where do your perfect customers live? If you do business locally, then you definitely need to promote your products and services on the local market. If you do business internationally, then you definitely need to promote your products and services internationally. Additionally, you need to find out what sites your prospects like to visit and where your potential clients choose to spend their time online.
– When are your perfect customers the most active online? It’s incredibly important for you to show your ads to potential customers at the right time. Here, I would recommend you to make a lot of experiments. Sooner or later, you’ll be able to figure out when your prospects choose to go online. As a result, you will know when it is the best time to promote your products or services. Promote your products and services at the right time to get the most effective results.
What is Facebook Geo Targeting?
Sometimes, it’s necessary to promote a product or service only among people who work/live in the certain place. It’s pretty easy to accomplish this goal if you promote your business on Facebook via geo targeting options.
With Facebook Ads, you’ll be able to pick the location, age, gender, interests and many other important parameters for your Pay-per-Click marketing campaign. It’s important to point out that Facebook geo targeting options make it possible for you to do even more.
It’s important to note that Facebook gives advertisers an opportunity to promote businesses in certain areas. All that you need to do for this is to find the address where you would like to promote your business and make use of a geo targeting tool.
The reality is, Facebook geo targeting makes it possible for advertisers to promote businesses within the certain buildings and even within the certain company’s departments. You can also use this amazing online marketing tool to target a single person on Facebook.
It’s important to note that Facebook geo targeting tool works very well and provides great results if you use it correctly. Clearly, you need to determine the ideal target audience for your business and reach the right people in order to achieve success in Facebook geo targeting.
Using Geo Targeting Options for Facebook Advertising
Let’s assume that you already know who your target audience is. Now, it’s time to act! Below, I’ll explain to you how to use the geo targeting tool for business promotion purposes and get the most out of Facebook marketing efforts.
First and foremost, you have to create Ad set for your Facebook advertising campaign.
Once your Ad sets are created, you need to adjust your target audience in your campaign for your marketing needs.
It’s worth noting that geo targeting is the type of an online marketing tool that can be used to promote businesses only in certain locations on Facebook. So, if you would like to target people in certain areas I highly recommend you to take advantage of this amazing tool.
You should make changes to your Facebook advertising campaign. Let’s say that you would like to promote your business only among people, who live or work in certain building. If so, you’ll have to specify the address of this building in your ads campaign.
It’s important to know that a geo targeting tool on Facebook allows advertisers to promote their businesses among certain cities, regions, companies, etc.
Initially, you need to pick Ad Sets under Audience. Next, you have to specify the address for the target audience in your advertising campaign. In fact, this can be done in two different ways. You can either type the address in the string or drop a pin on the map.
With Facebook geo targeting tool, you’ll be able to identify the radius for your advertising campaign as well. You can specify a radius of 1 – 50 miles around the building’s address on Facebook. As a result, you’ll promote your business among the people, who work or live inside the building and in its surrounding areas (within the radius).
At this stage, you’ll be able to continue optimizing your Facebook advertising campaign to get better results. For example, you can either exclude or include the certain people from your target audience within the radius.
Additionally, you’ll be able to pick the category of people that you would like to target for your Facebook advertising campaign.
The reality is, there are three categories of people that can be targeted. With Facebook geo targeting, you’ll be able to promote your business among the following categories of people:
- People who live in the specified areas;
- People who have visited the specified areas recently;
- Travelers who come to the specified areas from time to time.
Actually, you can dig deeper into each of geo targeting options. Let’s assume that you would like to get attention of people, who work in the certain company. You can go further and sort the target audience by the town, schools and many other parameters.
Additionally, you’ll be able to specify the number of people that you would like to target within the campaign. As a result, your Facebook Ads will be displayed in front of the right people.
All of this will make it possible for you to narrow down the target audience for your business and reach the right people with Facebook geo targeting.
It’s pretty clear that your choice largely depends on your marketing needs. Initially, you have to set goals for your Facebook advertising campaign. Then, you have to analyze all of your options available carefully. After that, you have to make a choice and identify the ideal target audience for your business.
Do you need help with Facebook geo targeting or any other type of geo targeting on social media? Or, maybe, you would like to learn more how our online marketing experts can help you grow your business? Contact us today! At Finepoint Design, we are always looking forward to helping you with all of your business promotion needs!